I invest in the best camera bodies and lenses in the market, including zoom lenses and wide lenses as well as prime lenses (with F2.8 and F1.4 as a max aperture). I have three camera bodies, for back up.
My equipment includes
- Cameras: Nikon D810, Nikon D850 and Z6II
- Lenses: Nikon 12mm- 24mm f/2.8 – Full room shots and general group shots
- 50mm f/1.2 – Portraits of smaller groups and individuals
- 24-70mm – Portraits and general images of interactions, etc.
- 60mm- Details and extreme close-ups
- 105mmm – Zoom lens for close-ups and portraits
- 70-200mm f/2.8 – Ultra-Zoom lens for close-ups and portraits
I also invest in high quality flashes when it comes to low light situations, since a lot of events are mostly indoors. If requested, I can also bring light stands, reflectors or/and umbrella, together with a wireless camera tether.
As an example, for my three primary camera bodies and lenses, I could have purchased any one of the following brand new cars: Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Kia Soul, Mazda MAZDA2, Nissan Cube, Nissan Versa, Suzuki SX4, or Toyota Yaris. Although I admit that these cars aren’t luxury brands, they certainly represent a larger investment than you might expect to see from many photographers.
I also invest in licensed software to deliver best and fastest editing possible (Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premium Dropbox), gear maintenance and keep all my camera software updated.